Using your STEP membership to progress your career.
Now that you have joined STEP, you can make the most of your membership by taking a few simple steps:
- Promote your membership
If you have qualified as a Full Member, you can use the letters TEP after your name. We encourage you to use your TEP designation and the STEP logo to promote yourself as a STEP qualified practitioner.
- Complete your member profile
To ensure we provide you with the information you need, please complete your member profile. Remember to update it if your role, areas of interest or any of your contact details change. We often use email to communicate with you, so please make sure you provide us with a valid email address.
- Set your communication preferences
Your preferences are what we use to tailor the email alerts we send you. You can choose to receive a range of publications, enewsletters and alerts – from industry news, to technical publications, to details of courses and technical and networking events. You have full control over the information we send you, and you always have the option to opt-out of a particular type of communication.
Support for new members
We're here to help you with information, support and networks now and throughout your career.
Latest news and information
We provide an extensive range of technical and practice information through our publications, newsletters and online back issue library. These include:
- A full subscription to the STEP Journal print edition (Full and Technician Members only) and access to an extensive online library of articles (all members)
- A full subscription to the digital Trust Quarterly Review (TQR), a supplement of the STEP Journal delivering in-depth analysis of the latest cases and legislative developments in the trust and estates sector
- A regular Industry News Digest email service: brief summaries of topical news stories gathered from news providers internationally, providing a quick reference to all the latest news and developments of interest to our members. Choose from International, Latam, North America or UK (or all four). Opt in to these Digests by changing your communication preferences
- Best practice information and guidance notes on key topics
- Free access for full members and EPP contacts to EBSCO Business Source Corporate, a library of business journals
- Full reports detailing relevant legal, tax, regulatory and practice information in more than 60 jurisdictions
- Research reports and surveys
- Member-only discounts on selected publications from publishers including Jordans, Bloomsbury Professional, Law Business Research
- Special Interest Groups covering a range of areas to grow your specialist knowledge and connect with others who share the same interests
- Further qualifications* to enhance your career and personal development
- Industry-leading conferences and events* with expert speakers on the latest developments at a local, national and international level
- Regular free-of-charge (to members) webcasts on topics of international relevance, and free member access to the webcast library
- A jobs board and weekly Jobs Update email service to inform you of the latest industry vacancies
Member groups and networking
Our worldwide and online networks provide opportunities to meet and socialise with other STEP members and industry practitioners via:
- Local events at over 100 branches/chapters worldwide*
- International and national conferences*
- Special Interest Groups on areas ranging from mental capacity to cross-border estates
- Full access to an online Member Directory enabling you to search for practitioners across the world, and an annual hard-copy Directory and Yearbook (Full and Technician Members only)
- Online discussion forums, including the Contentious Trust and Estates Forum, and various regional forums where you can get involved in discussions, share your expertise and debate the latest developments
- A member-only LinkedIn Group, and various subgroups for specific regions and subject areas.
*Preferential rates usually apply for STEP members