Benefits of joining the Academic Community include:
- Access to a global network of academics and practitioners
- Research collaborations
- Opportunities to publish through STEP
- Events and an annual symposium
- Calls for papers and proposal
- Supporting and influencing the wider education activities of STEP
- How do I join?
If you are a STEP member and would like to join the Community, please email email@example.com
- Is there are cost to join?
Currently membership of the Academic Community is free to both members and non-members of STEP.
- Who is the community for?
Practising academics and researchers working in any discipline which aligns with the interests STEP in a recognised institution of higher education which has degree awarding powers on either a full or part time basis.
Practitioners and some types of postgraduate students may also join.
- Is the community open only to academics?
Practitioners who can demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and furthering research in their area of expertise are welcome to join.
- Can PhD or Masters students join?
Students who are pursuing a research degree may also participate in the community. Students studying on a taught course may not join the community irrespective of whether their degree has a dissertation or thesis element.
- How does the Community work?
Organisation of the Community is flexible to foster collaboration between its members. Academic Community members, wherever based, may form their own working or advisory groups. Community members may form such groups on a self-service basis or these can be formed at the direction of the Committee.
Groups can be arranged as per the group’s preference (area of research interest, region, jurisdiction etc.) Any active groups must be notified to the Academic Community Secretary with a brief description of the group’s activities. Groups periodically report into the Committee.
- Do you have a mailing list?
If you would like to receive periodic updates by email, please email the Academic Community secretary firstname.lastname@example.org so your name can be added to the mailing list.
- Where can I get further information?
Please direct your queries in the first instance to the Academic Community Secretary, Madeleine Jenness via email@example.com