As a result of coronavirus and associated restrictions in many countries, a number of our scheduled face-to-face events have been cancelled, postponed or re-imagined as virtual events. Below we have listed the major national or international conferences that have been amended. Branches and regions organising events are taking decisions based on local considerations. Please watch out for communications from your branch, and check the Events Calendar for updates.
- STEP Wyoming International Estate Planning Conference, 18-19 Sept 2020 - Cancelled
- STEP Canada Conference - Virtual 2020 Speaker Series, Fall 2020, dates TBC
- STEP Global Congress - New date 22-23 June 2021. Virtual Global Congress Thought Leadership Series launches Sept 2020
- STEP Latam Conference, 1-2 October 2020 - Cancelled
- STEP Benelux Conference, 1-2 October 2020 - Cancelled
- 16th Annual International Estate Planning Institute - Virtual Conference, 8 October 2020
- STEP Isle of Man Conference, 15 October 2020 - Cancelled
- STEP UK Tax, Trusts and Estates Series - Virtual Conference, Oct/Nov, date TBC
- STEP Asia Conference, 11-12 November 2020 - Cancelled
- STEP Arabia Conference 2020 - 15 November 2020 - postponed, date TBC
- STEP Special Interest Group Spotlight Sessions - Virtual Webinar Series, 30 Nov-4 Dec 2020
- STEP Private Client Awards - Virtual Awards Ceremony, 9 December 2020
- STEP South Africa Conference - New date 20-21 April 2021
Training and education
We recognise that many students are studying and preparing for exams, assessments and taught classes and may be concerned about what will happen. Please be reassured that, despite the current situation, students will continue to have the opportunity to access high-quality learning.
Face-to-face classes for all CLTi programmes will be moved to an online classroom until the end of 2020, and CLTi will continue to review the situation for courses after that date. Many students are already studying via an online classroom, so if you are currently enrolled on a face-to-face option, you will still receive the same engaging learning experience but will be able to study remotely. This flexible option means that you can still actively participate in group discussions and exercises and benefit from peer-to-peer learning, but from the comfort of your office or home. If you are unable to attend the online classroom for any reason, you will have access to a recording of an appropriate online class to watch at a time convenient to you.
Assessments will be run on the current published dates, however, given the current restrictions, all assessments will move to online submission as open-book, non-invigilated assessments during 2020. Students will be informed how this works for their specific assessment.
More details will be available to individual cohorts as classes, workshops and examinations approach and we work through the specific options in each location.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For Canadian students, because the Canadian education courses are all online, including exams and essay submission, you should not be affected.